We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of SQL environments for all SABN systems. To ensure the availability of data, optimal performance & security of all database systems and provide support to internal customers.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Create and maintain database maintenance plans.
- Develop and execute required T-SQL scripts to manage information as required.
- Maintain MS SQL database management systems and database structures.
- Database management systems software version is kept within the supported range as specified by the application vendors.
- Provides input in defining or identifying required infrastructure, provide input in the selection of database software and relevant tools in the market.
- Applies the relevant security to databases.
- Ensures databases comply with documented security policies and standards.
- Monitor & evaluate system logs for warnings and errors.
- Assist in investigations and corrections of application errors at user level.
- Appropriately record problem resolution for future reference purposes.
- Monitors capacity on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Provide input into new project design to optimise database performance.
- Plans installation & de-installation of components and operating systems.
- Provide input into establishing data governance policies.
- Establish database standards documentation.
- Assist in identifying ICT risks and implementing compensating controls for all departmental risk.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
- National Diploma in IT or related tertiary qualification.
- Industry recognized systems development, database management and windows server administration certification (Advantageous).
- 5 years MS SQL experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Application interfaces.
- Software development.
- Database replication and security.
- Server clustering.
- MS SQL server 2005 (Implementation, Configuration and Maintenance).
- MS Windows server platforms.
- Database design, monitoring, backup & recovery models and warehousing.
- MS SQL T-SQL queries.
- Task automation.
Suitable applicants should apply with their detailed CV’s, ID copy, Copies of qualifications and recent pay slip. No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted. This advertisement will close on 16 July 2019.