We are looking for an individual to plan, direct & co-ordinate the Occupational Health care activities and promote employee Wellness in the workplace & ensure compliance to relevant legislation.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide occupational health services and expert advice in the workplace.
- Conduct educational campaigns and training to enhance employee awareness.
- Co-ordinate the regular occupational health assessments in accordance with legislation.
- To provide Occupational Health input to the Health Panel of SABN for decision-making on incapacity management.
- Identify and mitigate the impact of environmental & hygiene hazards through regular walk-throughs.
- Perform medical surveillance through analysis of data inclusive of the Occupational Hygienist Report, laboratory results and monitor trends.
- Report on Occupational Health & Safety to all internal stakeholders such as SHEQ department, HR Board Committee and external stakeholders that include Compensation Commission & Department of Labour.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in the field of Occupational Health through relevant bodies such as SASOHN.
- Provide input into policies and ensure that procedures relating to Occupational Health are kept up to date.
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders including Occupational Medical Practitioner & others, build effective working relationships.
- Ensure effective record keeping.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
- Registered Nurse specialising in Occupational Health.
- Dispensing License.
- Registration with SANC and SASOHN.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant legislation e.g. OHS Act, Nursing Act etc.
- Community nursing.
- Primary healthcare.
- Counseling skills.
- Relating and networking skills.
- Interpersonal skills.