· Translate strategy into an action plan for the section; ensure maintenance thereof and alignment with company strategy, and to allocate work to staff in terms of repairs, maintenance, modifications, manufacturing and adjustments and root cause analyses.
· Ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of the facilities equipment by identifying problems through root cause analysis and providing solutions thereto.
· Maintain and compile work procedures and all related documentation for the optimisation and improvements of engineering systems.
· To conduct analysis regarding cost, time and impact on machinery and to ensure work is done in the most cost effective way with minimal machine downtime and according to standards (SHE and good workmanship).
· Ensure accurate specifications are provided on a project and to allocate resources to projects and ensure work is carried out according to specifications.
· Monitor installation and commissioning to ensure that equipment operates according to requirements after installation or repair.
· Manage team performance and ensure high performance standards, and that objectives and goals are set and achieved according to performance agreement/job profile.
· Train and develop employees, and ensure that training needs are identified and submitted to HR and also ensure that training is done as per training plan and budget, and to put in place a personal development plan for every team member.
· Manage overall compliance to all laws, by-laws and regulations relevant to the function by adhering to the risk management plan, identifying potential threats or risks to progress and proactively implement corrective action as necessary.
· Manage and direct compliance to ISO system, SHE requirements and OHS-Act for area under control.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
• BTech; BEng or BSc Eng. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Total Quality Management Qualification
• Supervisory or management training
• GCC certificate is required if to be considered for GMR2 (1) appointment(desirable)
• 5 – 8 years’ experience in technologically advanced production equipment