The incumbent will implement effective financial accounting activities within the South African Bank Note Company (SABN), in order to prevent fraud, identify and manage risk as well as co-ordinate and manage all internal and external audits.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage the implementation of financial policies and procedures to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provide accurate financial reports including variance analysis to ensure accurate financial data.
- Manage the full financial accounting function including: Debtors,Creditors,Fixed assets, Bank and Cash Journals ,Reconciliations ,Statutory returns ,Departmental budgets and forecasts ,Financial year end in order to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), applicable legislation, policies, standards and laid down procedures.
- To manage staff performance in order to achieve set objectives and standards.
- Planning and Co-ordination of year-end statutory audits and internal audits.
- Co-ordinate the financial year-end processes to ensure deadlines are met.Compile annual financial statements and ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and legislation. Planning and Co-ordination of interim audits.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
- Chartered Accountant (SA).
- Higher Diploma in Tax (Desirable).
- 2-3 years post articles experience with financial management experience of debtors, creditors, bank and cash, fixed assets.
- People management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Accountancy.
- Financial Systems and Procedures.
- Relevant Financial legislations and regulations.
- ERP and Computer literacy.
- Negotiation skills.