We are looking for an individual to oversee, manage all research & scientific aspects of raw materials, printing processes, provide oversight and guidance for the enhancement of the laboratory capabilities of the South African Bank Note Company (SABN).
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Conduct research and development to build the technical knowledge & skills base within the SABN with respect to all aspects related to banknote raw materials, process consumables, processes and product performance.
- Lead, plan, control & coordinate all Laboratory functions and ensure that raw material, finished product, processes comply with established customer specifications.
- To ensure & oversee Quality Assurance of raw materials and consumables through routine testing in the laboratory, as well as non-routine project specific testing of materials.
- Provide expert advice to production on raw material. Produce management reports on research findings and laboratory performance.
- Support our customers with sound scientific advice regarding product designs and/or features; develop new/improved test methods and materials specifications.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and company policies, procedure and work instructions.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
- Sc. Degree in Material Science /Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- PhD (added advantage).
- 8 years’ experience in industrial research and development, coupled with 3 years management experience, preferably in the converting industries (paper, packaging, print, plates, inks, etc.), including managing the laboratory(s).
- Authored papers published in highly rated and peer reviewed journal(s) (added advantage).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced research and product development practices.
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Statistical Analysis.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 17025 standards.
- Learning and Researching.
- Persuading and Influencing.