We are looking for an individual to lead, plan, control, coordinate all functions within the production department & ensure that products comply with customer specifications and South African Bank Note Company (SABN) requirements.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensure effective process flow and resource planning in order to achieve production targets.
- To ensure proper control of all activities, resources, and assets.
- Produce product according to set targets & in full compliance with SABN quality standards and policies.
- Take full control for the balancing and safeguarding of product.
- Lead, develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team.
- Adherence to all safety, health, environment regulations & standards and conduct incident investigations.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Ensure optimal cost control pertaining to, among other things overtime and wastage through increased operational efficiency.
- Source data, analyse information and produce progress reports to assist management with decision-making.
- Analyse information in order to solve problems and offer systemic or situational solutions to problems.
- Manage, control time & attendance of personnel and provide relevant information in terms of overtime, leave, shift work, standby to HR within set deadlines.
- Compliance to ISO system and log non-conformances.
- Engage in value-add activities that are beyond the regular scope of work.
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
- BSc or BTech in engineering discipline.
- Production Management qualification (Added advantage).
- 7 years’ experience within the printing industry or in a production role in a manufacturing environment, coupled with 2-3 years’ experience in a management position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Conflict handling.
- Production Management.
- Knowledge of printing industry.